Usambara is a beautiful mountain range with amazing view, sweeping hills, mountains, valleys, farmland, picturesque villages, colorful markets and plantations everywhere you go, over the grassy plains and virgin tropical rainforest.
It is one of the undiscovered places in Tanzania, it a true paradise for nature, hikes and walks lovers.
The mountains are located northeastern Tanzania, near Mkomazi National Park, in west of Tanga and Pangani Coastal beach along Dar es Salaam to Arusha highways
The Usambara Mountains comprise the easternmost ranges of the Eastern Arc Mountains. They are 90Km long and about half that wide. Faulting and uplifting formed them nearly two million years ago, and they are composed of Precambrian.
The Mountains is a bird paradise with many plants and animal species that occur nowhere else. Because of the picturesque villages, colourful markets and plantations, this lush area is a welcome retreat from the busy cities and game parks
WHAT TO DO
- Mountain Trekking
- Walking Safari and Birding Safari
- Amani Natural forest tour, waterfalls,
- Historical tour, mambo caves,
- Authentic Africa Homestay Experience
- Wildlife Safari, farming, social activities and gathering.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
Throughout the year.
- By road from Dar es Salaam, Tanga, Kilimanjaro, Arusha, Pangani Coastal beach, Mkomazi Park
- By chartered or scheduled flight to a nearby city Tanga or Pangani airstrip
The Place offer friendly accommodation range from mid-range to budget lodge, campsite and homestay, located at west Usambara Lushoto most with stunning views
homestay, you will live with a host family and will be provided with local meals three times a day. You will be living in the tribal villages and will become a part of the village life. Tribal homes are normally very basic mud or metal huts with no running water or electricity.
- Families daily activities
- The head bucket fetching water
- Farming in the Farming season
- Taking care of Livestock like cow, goats, donkey, chicken etc
- Attending in the cultural dances /singing or village events like Community market, Cooking, Fetch Fire wood, Village sports
- Grinding ugali flour, and many more
- Roads natural rough, hills, dust and bump
- Water NOT TREATED, local use from source, treated and someplace are salt
- Local food, Locally prepared, Tradition utensil
- Dress; Decent, comfortable, Sun-glass, long leaves & trouser (Jeans material)