Mount Hanang is a mountain in Tanzania. The peak has an elevation of 3,420m above sea level.Hanang is located in Manyara Region, Hanang District. It is (after Mount Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru ) the third-highest mountain in Tanzania.
The climb can be done in one day (8-10 hours daytime), but it is also common for climbers to spend one night in a tented camp on the mountain and reach the summit on the second day. The animals present are klipspringer, velvet monkeys, bush pigs, olive baboons, spotted hyena, leopards and a variety of snakes, Hedgehog, Blue-tailed skink , chameleon, birds and insects
“Mount is used as an important worshiping area for Barbaig and Iraqw tribes the natives of Hanang District”
WHAT TO DO
- Mountain Trekking
- Walking Safari and Birding Safari
- Camping at Datoga Boma
- Culture tourism and Salt Mining (extractions)
- Authentic Africa Homestay Experience
- Visit Lake Balangdalalu for a true Rift Valley view
BEST TIME TO VISIT
Throughout the year.
- By road from Kilimanjaro, Arusha, Dodoma, Babati, Singida
- By chartered flight to nearby city and then drive to Katesh Hanang district
The place offer only friendly budget guesthouse, lodge, campsite and homestay,
You will live with a host family and will be provided with local meals three times a day. You will be living in the tribal villages and will become a part of the village life. Tribal homes are normally very basic mud or metal huts with no running water or electricity.
However, despite the basic living arrangements, volunteer workers are well provided for and extremely well looked after by their hosts. You will also get to try traditional food such as makande, mandazi, ugali, chapatti, mboga, supu, mchemsho, maziwa, and uji, also to make and testing traditions brewing.
Families daily activities
- The head bucket fetching water
- Farming in the Farming season
- Taking care of Livestock like cow, goats, donkey, chicken etc
- Attending in the cultural dances /singing or village events like Community market
- Cooking, Fetch Fire wood
- Village sports
- Grinding ugali flour, and many more